Next on the list of incredible superfoods to try is Golden Cacao. Full of all the incredible health benefits of cacao, turmeric, cinnamon, maca, mesquite and pepper, this supplement is as easy to take as making a mug of hot chocolate. You could even try adding a tablespoon to your morning smoothie for a chocolatey, spicy kickstart to your day.
- Turmeric is known to reduce inflammation and pain, fight free radicals, boost the body’s immune system, support heart, liver and digestive health and have natural antibiotic properties
- This golden root also inhibits cancer cells, treats depression and improves brain function
- Natural remedy famed for it’s culinary and medicinal powers
- Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years, and widely used in Indian cooking for more than just its taste and colour
- Turmeric has been shown to be a potent anti-inflammatory, a powerful antioxidant, helps to reduce cholesterol, and helps to detoxify the liver
- Maca is also a root, that has been shown to enhance memory, mood and energy levels, especially when used regularly, but also almost immediately after taking it
- Maca provides similar benefits to caffeine, without the negative side effects of jitters and subsequent energy crashes
- Mesquite comes from legumes, which are dried and ground to a powder
- Mesquite has a dark, rich, almost molasses-like taste, and is a good source of potassium, zinc, calcium and magnesium, as well as fibre
Did you know? Studies have shown that uptake of the active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, is 2000% better (not a typo) when combined with black pepper, and that combining it with a natural fat, like coconut cream, protects it from stomach acids, assisting with maximum absorption.
- Mix two teaspoons of Golden Cacao Hot Chocolate with a little boiling water in a mug, and stir to make a paste
- Then add 200ml of hot milk, water, or both
- Sweeten as and if desired
- Stir it up one more time and enjoy a mug of decadent superfood hot chocolate