Waterbear Network is a free online film-streaming service, which has partnered with more than 80 charities and NGOs around the world — will shine a spotlight on the most critical issues facing the planet today. Register Free here
Call Me Priya
Priya is a young girl in southern India who is one of millions of modern day slaves, working in the garment industry.
Priya is trapped in a world that tells her she is worth nothing more than to be a slave. But when a teacher believes in her, she discovers something powerful, herself. This film is being used in a year-long curriculum in over 400 villages with over 10,000 young girls in Tamil Nadu, India to help end modern day slavery.
The Big Fix
The Big Fix is a 2012 documentary film about two filmmakers, Josh and Rebecca Tickell, as they travel along the coast of the Gulf of Mexico meeting the residents whose lives were changed by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
The film argues that BP has utilised the oil dispersant Corexit in the Gulf to create the illusion that the Louisiana beaches are safe and the water (and seafood) uncontaminated.
A Failure of the Imagination
Every year, the UK food industry wastes 1.9 million tonnes of food. This film documents the story of one chef and his efforts to change this.
Five years ago, Douglas McMaster opened the restaurant Silo, hoping to change the unsustainable practices of modern food systems. His aim was simple, yet frighteningly ambitious: create an award-winning menu using a zero-waste food system designed from scratch.
The Pangolin Man
A self-funded, one-woman-crew short documentary about one local Ugandan man, and his fight to save the most illegally traded mammal in the world.
- Giant canyon discovered underneath Vanderford Glacier in Antarctica, revealing history behind rising sea levels
- The Cost of Lab-Grown Chicken Dropped by More Than Half in 2021
- Batteries get hyped, but pumped hydro provides the vast majority of long-term energy storage essential for renewable power – here’s how it works
- Rare, pristine coral reef found off Tahiti coast
- Fishermen protest after eruption causes oil spill in Peru
- Sahara Desert Experienced Snow For the 4th Time in 42 Years!